Kimberly N. Gronau Boyd Esq.
Kimberly N. Gronau Boyd Esq.- Family Lawyer
Kimberly Gronau Boyd joined the firm in September 2001 after completing a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Stephen J. Schaeffer in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Morris County, Family Division. Ms. Boyd became a partner with the firm in December 2006. She has devoted her practice exclusively to matrimonial law and has substantial experience with the negotiation and trial of all aspects of family law, including complex valuations, relocation and custody disputes, marital tort claims, domestic violence, drafting and litigating pre-nuptial agreements, arbitration, post-judgment litigation and appellate litigation. Ms. Boyd is qualified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey to mediate family law matters and handles both court appointed and private mediation.
Ms. Boyd graduated from Seton Hall University School of Law in 2000, where she participated in the Family Law Clinic. She received a dual degree in Economics and Business and Government and Law from Lafayette College in 1997. While at Lafayette Ms. Boyd played on the Varsity Women’s Soccer Team where she earned Student Athlete and Most Valuable Player Honors. She completed the National Institute for Trial Advocacy’s intensive trial skills program in Chapel Hill, North Carolina in 2007.
Ms. Boyd is serving her second term as an appointed member of the Supreme Court Committee on Women in the Courts where she serves on the Bar Education Committee. This committee makes presentations to Bar organizations throughout the State. She also serves as a Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist.
Ms. Boyd also devotes substantial time to volunteer work. She volunteers for the Battered Women Legal Advocacy project where she volunteers as an attorney for domestic violence victims. She is also a member of the Junior League of Morristown, where she has served on the Board of Directors.
Ms. Boyd is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York. Her memberships include the New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section and Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section.
She has been selected for inclusion to the New Jersey Super Lawyers* list as a Rising Star in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
Areas of Practice
- Domestic Relations
- Family Law
- Divorce Mediation
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- Lafayette College
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Major: Economics/Business
- Major: Government/Law
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Intensive Trial Skills Program, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2007
- NJ Court Appointed Mediation Program, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Morris County Bar Association, Member, Family Law Section
- Supreme Court Committee on Women in the Courts, appointed member, 2010-2011 term
- Expert Panelist for the Morris County Early Settlement Panel
- Morris County Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Junior League of Morristown, Board of Directors, 2001- 2011
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. Stephen J. Schaeffer, Superior Court of New Jersey, Morris County, Family Division, Judicial Law Clerk