Gregory D.R. Behringer Esq.
Gregory D. R. Behringer joined Laufer, Dalena, Cadicina, Jensen & Boyd, LLC in September 2011 following a judicial clerkship with the Honorable James M. DeMarzo, Superior Court Judge for the Family Division, Morris County, New Jersey.
Mr. Behringer received his Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Economics from Hampden-Sydney College and his Juris Doctorate from Ohio Northern University “With Distinction” where he was an Associate Justice of Moot Court. During his law school tenure, he interned at the Rose Immigration Law Firm in Nashville, Tennessee, and completed an externship with Judge Walter H. Rice, United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio. Also while in law school Mr. Behringer passed the Patent Agent Exam and was admitted to practice Patent Law before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”).
Mr. Behringer is an accomplished oral advocate and was the Champion of the Anthony J. Celebrezze Appellate Advocacy Competition where he placed first among all law students in intra-school appellate advocacy competition. Additionally, he was the Champion of the Dan Guy Appellate Advocacy Program where he placed first among his class of over 100 fellow students.
Following law school, he completed a clerkship with the Honorable James M. DeMarzo, Family Part, Morris County prior to joining the firm. Mr. Behringer is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, the Morris County Bar Association, and the Barry Croland Family Law Inn of Court.
Areas of Practice
- General Litigation
- Matrimonial Law
- Domestic Violence
- Worker’s Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Municipal Court
- New Jersey
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio
- J.D. – 2009
- Honors: With Distinction
- Honors: Moot Court Associate Justice
- Hampden-Sydney College, Hampden-Sydney, Virginia
- B.S. cum laude – 2003
- Major: Chemistry
- Major: Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Morris County Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Lawyers Association
- Omicron Delta Kappa – National Leadership Fraternity
- Alpha Chi Sigma – National Chemistry Fraternity
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. James M. DeMarzo, Superior Court of New Jersey, Morris County, Law Clerk, 2010 – 2011
- Hon. Thomas L. Weisenbeck, Superior Court of New Jersey, Morris County, Intern, 2009 – 2010
- Judge Walter H. Rice, United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, Intern 2009
- Rose Immigration Law Firm, Nashville, Tennessee, Intern, 2007