Property Settlement Attorneys Morris County, NJ
Morristown Property Division Lawyers
Some 95 percent of all divorce cases settle before trial. A settled case means that you and your spouse were able to negotiate an agreement about all facets of your divorce, including custody, support, and property division. A settled case also means giving up your right to a trial. Therefore, it is vital to ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout settlement negotiations and any agreement reached is in your best interests.
The Morristown property settlement attorneys at Laufer Dalena Cadicina Jensen & Boyd can do just that. We have extensive experience representing clients during property settlement negotiations and mediation. In fact, members of our attorney team are court-approved economic mediators and Morris County Early Settlement Program panelists. We know what is at stake and we will use all of the tools available to us to protect your rights.
What Is a Property Settlement Agreement?
A property settlement agreement does not only involve division of property. It is the entire written agreement reached by divorcing spouses and it deals with all aspects of divorce, including: child custody, parenting time, spousal support and child support, division of marital property, and any other divorce issues.
When spouses agree on the issues in their divorce, developing a property settlement agreement can be expedited. When they disagree, there may be many negotiations involved, including negotiations directly between the parties or settlement conferences involving the parties, their counsel, and, when necessary, experts.
Contact Our Morristown Property Settlement Lawyers
For more information about property settlement, talk with one of our attorneys in a consultation. We accept MasterCard and Visa, are available for evening and weekend appointments and charge reasonable rates. Our offices are conveniently located one-half block from the Morristown Green. To contact a lawyer, call 973-813-7667.
Video Questions About Property Settlement During a Divorce
- Where there are multiple properties, how will these be divided on divorce?
- Will the stay-at-home spouse’s contributions be rewarded during property division?
- Does a premarital or prenuptial agreement override normal property division rules in New Jersey?
- What’s the difference between marital property and separate property in New Jersey?
- If one spouse owns and runs a business, how can the other spouse be sure of getting a fair share?
- Can mediation and collaborative law be used in high-net-worth cases?
- What advice would you give to people who are concerned about getting their fair share?
- What are the rules regarding the division of assets during a divorce in New Jersey?
- Will private business records become public records during a divorce?
- If a professional with a practice is going through a divorce, what is their spouse likely to get?
- Is litigation the only way to resolve high-asset divorce cases?