Complex Asset Division Attorneys Morris County, NJ
Morristown Divorce Lawyers Help Clients with High-Net Worth Asset Division
Dividing assets in a high asset divorce requires a separate set of skills and experience than simply dividing a house and belongings. You may have multiple homes, a family business or business executive benefits. While equitable distribution applies to all divorce cases, equitable distribution takes on a whole new meaning when some of the assets are intangible or must go through a valuation process.
At the family law firm of Laufer Dalena Cadicina Jensen & Boyd, we have worked with thousands of clients facing a range of economic and property issues. We are accustomed to sophisticated employment arrangements, retirement benefit division, and property division involving multiple homes. To speak with a knowledgeable Morristown complex asset division lawyer about your divorce, contact us.
Complex Property Valuation and Division Attorneys Mt. Olive, NJ
When your marital estate includes intangible assets such as investments and business properties, or assets that have not fully matured, it is important to work with a family law attorney who has experience handling these issues. We can help you value and divide complex assets such as:
- Stock options and restricted stock: Stock options must be included in the equitable property division if they were provided because of past performance during the marriage.
- Pension plans and retirement accounts: The portion of a pension that was acquired during a marriage is subject to equitable distribution.
- Business executive benefits: Highly-compensated individuals may have restricted stock or other forms of deferred compensation/wealth accumulation plans that need to be addressed.
- Multiple homes: Multiple homes, vacation homes, and other extensive property must be valued and divided. Who should keep the family home? Should any of the property be sold?
- Businesses : Family-owned businesses must be taken into account during a divorce. How much is your family business worth? Will one spouse continue to run the business?
Working With Experts to Value Your Property
In some of the high net worth asset cases that we handle, we will call on accountants to determine the tax impact on the division of particular assets. When extensive real estate or family-owned businesses are involved, we have appraisers ready to value the property or businesses. We will also work with pension experts and other qualified financial experts to ensure that all assets are accounted for and your rights are protected.
Contact Our Morristown Complex Asset Division Lawyers
For more information about complex asset division, talk with one of our attorneys in a consultation. We accept MasterCard and Visa, are available for evening and weekend appointments and charge reasonable rates. Our offices are conveniently located one-half block from the Morristown Green. To contact a lawyer, call 973-813-7667.